Our OHS Policy
BESIKTAS that find place for itself in national and international markets with its values gives particular importance to “OHS” in all actions with the conscious of sustainability of these values is ‘human’, the most necessary basic concern for human is ‘health’. In this direction;
- To make continuous improvement in its OHS system by following up the theoretical & practical variations and innovation about OHS on a global basis.
- To do business by committing to comply with the national and international standards and related legislation provisions.
- To provide added value with OHS applications to the all national and international companies that carry out their activities together.
- To offer a solution with pro-active approach for dangerous and risky situations that may occur about OHS in shipyard sector, to apply, to collaborate with local and general foundations about this subject, to contribute the culture of OHS throughout the country with analytical approach.
- Before starting all its activities, to identify the potential dangers and risks, to make risk analyses, to evaluate the results, to change the dangerous one with the non-dangerous one from the techniques, method and materials that used, to give primacy to the methods of collective protection, to prevent the all incidents, occupational diseases, physical injuries and health deteriorations.
- To ensure that all employees take the goals of ‘zero work accident’ and ‘zero occupational disease’ as principle and to ensure everyone act with the consciousness of working safely by giving its employees the right to stop/ suspend the work which they see dangerous.
- To specify the needs of OHS and technical training of all employees, to supply them to have these trainings, to make them to have periodic health check-ups.
- To ensure that personal protective equipment comply with national and international standards and is CE certified, to create the awareness of “appropriate work-appropriate PPE” between the employees and to provide hands-on trainings for employees and to support these trainings with visual presentations.
- To be prepared against to potential hazard and emergency situations, to plan drills and to improve consistently the present system by evaluating the results of drills that carried out.
- To follow the each study that carried out within the scope of OHS, to intervene in inappropriate situations that may arise, to report and to make preventive actions, in accordance with this purpose to employ OHS personnel, to keep the required materials and equipment ready to use and to make studies to increase the quality of safety personnel.